A system manager or a system administrator is responsible for the health of one or more systems and the applications residing on those systems. This may include
- installation and configuration of the operating system
- formatting, partitioning, and set up of disks, storage arrays, RAID, SAN, NAS
- monitoring, troubleshooting, performance management, and configuration of automated monitoring tools.
- network configuration, firewalls, routers, switches, DNS, DHCP
- patching, updating, setting up kick-start on blades
- printer services, accounts, email configuration, web servers
- and much more.
Below are some postings showing some of my system administration experience.